Hill Young Cooper staff continue to undertake a diverse range of projects:
August to November 2017
- David Mead presented evidence to the East West Link Board of Inquiry questioning aspects of the impact of the East-West Link on Onehunga.
- Charlie Hopkins and the Wellington office have been assisting Manawatu Wanganui Regional Council with the processing of resource consents.
- Coreen Adamson is helping Thames District Council with the review of their infrastructure strategy.
May to July 2017
- Mark St Clair has been busy with the Greater Wellington Regional Council Proposed Natural Resources Plan Hearings.
- Charlie Hopkins has prepared a summary of submissions and investigated various consenting issues relating to the Whakapapa wastewater treatment plant upgrade, which is located within the Tongariro National Park, for Manawatu Wanganui Regional Council.
- David Mead (with the help of Karen Inglis) presented evidence in support of Auckland Transport's Lincoln Road Notice of Requirement. A favourable recommendation has been received from the Hearings Panel.
February to April 2017
- Linda Bruwer has been working with the Local Government Commission, Boffa Miskell and New Zealand Institute for Economic Research on next steps toward integrated planning in the Wellington Region.
- Coreen Adamson is assisting Thames‑Coromandel District Council to undertake section 17a reviews of the council's building control, resource consents and regulatory services.
- Karen Foster has been reviewing the Government's proposals for Urban Development Authorities, for Auckland Transport.
October 2016 - January 2017
- Karen Foster and Chloe Trenouth lodged regional consents for a northern extension to the Takanini Stormwater Conveyance channel.
- Mark St Clair prepared a s 42A report for Palmerston North City Council for the He Ara Kotahi Pedestrian Cycleway Bridge over the Manawatu River.
- Chloe Trenouth is assisting Auckland Council on identifying urban intensification opportunities and priorities for the Development Strategy that is part of the Auckland Plan Refresh.
June - September 2016
- Chloe Trenouth and Karen Inglis obtained regional consents for Stages 1 and 2 of the Takanini Stormwater Conveyance Channel Project.
- HYC staff have been involved in various Special Housing Area applications across the country, including preparing an application for a qualifying development in Wellington, reviewing qualifying developments and associated plan variations in Auckland and acting as a Hearing commissioner for consent applications in the South Island.
- David, Chloe and Trevor reviewed various aspects of the Decisions Version of the Proposed Auckland Unitary Plan for the Auckland Council and assisted in the Council's deliberations on whether to accept the Panel's recommendations.
Apr - May 2016
- David Mead and Karen Inglis finalised an Assessment of Alternatives and AEE for Auckland Transport's Lincoln Road Corridor Improvements Notice of Requirement.
- Trevor Mackie completed a review of non-core Quality Planning Guidance Notes for MfE, setting out urgent fixes, priorities and timing for full review and update of each topic guidance note.
- Chloe Trenouth assisted Auckland Council will preparation of the draft Whenuapai Structure Plan.
- David Mead put together some thoughts on the NPS and went along to the RMA RLAB Select Committee to present his submission on the amendment bill.
Jan - Mar 2016
- Chloe Trenouth and Karen Inglis lodged regional consents for the Takanini stormwater conveyance channel that is to serve the Takanini Special Housing Area.
- Mark St Clair has been appointed to one of the Hearings Panel set up by Queenstown Lakes District Council to consider submissions on their district plan review.
- Emily Buckingham prepared the application and obtained consent for an air discharges from Fonterra's Tip Top site.
Oct - Dec 2015
- Linda Chamberlain has been preparing a consent application for a multi-unit development in Johnsonville, Wellington.
- Emily Buckingham gave planning evidence for Winstone Wallboards at the Proposed Canterbury Air Regional Plan hearing
- Todd Webb and Trevor Mackie continued with planning evidence preparation on Precincts for the PAUP Independent Hearings Panel